Starting on 1 January 2012, all businesses in NSW & ACT must comply with Australia's new Work Health & Safety laws.
The new laws represent a new way of safeguarding workers' safety and reflect the changing nature of work in modern times.
The most critical change by the new WHS laws is the shift from the employer (or business) being responsible for workers' safety, to the person being responsible for the safety of the business' employees (NOTE: in ACT, this already exists in legislation, but for NSW this becomes a key change).
This means that from 1 January 2012, you MUST have a compliance system in place. Fines can be from $300k to $3m, and breaches can attract gaol for up to 5 years.
To assist Member Newsagents and Lottery Agents, the Australian Newsagents' Federation (ANF) and NANA have sourced Smart WHS.
What do WE need Smart WHS for?
• To avoid getting fined – Your NSW/ACT work cover authority WILL be doing AUDITS with NO Grace Period from 1 January 2012
• The new laws mean you need to have an WH&S system in place
• EASY to use with full FREE support included
• SAVES you time and confusion – with e-mail reminders to show you what to do
• Risk Rating to show you how you are performing
• FREE access to every form and policy and procedure you need and Legislative updates in your own WH&S Member Area
The cost of Smart WHS is:
• $150 for ANF/NANA Members then $99 for each following year
• $399 per year for Non members